This is a fantastic recipe from Sam from Hey Keto Mama. The photos and recipe are her intellectual property, we just wanted to share them with you. Read her original recipe here.
- 2 tbsp of Coconut Oil
- 1 pound of Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- ¾ cup Red Enchilada sauce
- ¼ cup of Water
- ¼ cup of chopped Onion
- 14 ounce can of Green Chiles
- 1 Avocado
- 1 cup of shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ cup sliced Pickled Jalapenos
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 1 Roma Tomato
- In a pot or dutch oven over medium heat, melt the coconut oil and wait until it’s hot.
- Next, sear the chicken thighs until lightly brown.
- Pour the enchilada sauce and water into the pot. Then add onion and green chiles.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook the chicken for 17-25 minutes or until chicken is tender and fully cooked through to at least 165 degrees internal temperature.
- Now carefully remove the chicken and place it on to a work surface so you can prep it for your bowl.
- Chop or shred the chicken and then add it back to the pot to finish cooking.
- Let the chicken simmer uncovered for an additional 10 minutes so it can absorb all the flavor and all the sauce to reduce a little bit more.
- Just top your bowl with avocado, cheese, jalapeno, sour cream, tomato, and any other topping you may desire. Feel free to customize your bowl to your preference!
- Serve alone or with some cauliflower rice.